Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 2015 CKCB Members' Blog Hop

Hey everyone, and welcome to my first ever post for a Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Members' Blog Hop!  You should be arriving here from Gabrielle's blog, but if you got lost somehow along the way, you can always head back to the CKC blog to find the full list.  

If you would like to see the kit I put together at the beginning of the month, you can visit my post here.  Are you done with that?  Okay, well then, here is what I put together with my my mishmash bunch of supplies:
I freaking LOVE how this page turned out!  It is something entirely different than what I would normally put together, mostly because of the products I had to work with.  Individually, the papers are rather masculine and/or bold, but because of the feminine photos, doilies, and butterflies, I ended up with a completely girly page.

The Design Team members at CKCB put together a few challenges each month to further inspire members to deplete their stash, and this month's challenges are:

Challenge #1:  Picture This:  Use at least 4 photos on your project

Challenge #2:  Old Tool Challenge: Dust off an old tool and get creative
Challenge #3:  Project Altering Experience: Include an altered embellishment


I decided to go with Challenge #3 and alter an embellishment.  The doilies in my kit were originally white.  This is my take home message for all the folks out there who enjoy using a die cut machine - save time and effort by cutting a bunch of stuff at once using white or cream cardstock.  That way, you can colour them to match your project however you like!  In this case, I used a pale blue Gelato to add some colour to my doilies:
I've also been known to use Dylusions sprays or ink with this technique as well.  

Here's a close-up of another doily and my journaling:
And finally, this sketch from Stuck?! Sketches that seemed to go perfectly with my photos:

You still have time to try your hand at these three challenges, so give it a go!  And for more inspiration, check out the rest of the blogs in the blog hop:

Karen          https://pinkycrafter.wordpress.com
Tina             http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
Julene          http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au
Susan          http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com
Roxanne      http://roxyrolla.blogspot.ca  YOU ARE HERE!!!

 Lisa                 http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de  GO HERE NEXT!!!

15 comments:

  1. Cute page. Looks like an exhausting but fun day! My favorite part is your labeled photos. The black borders really make the photos pop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty layout! The doilies are a delicate landing spot for those butterflies and I really like the text on your photos. Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, really love the use of the doilies on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love! Your girly page did indeed turn out gorgeous, but my favorite part is your comment that your kit elements took you in a fresh direction & it felt GOOD. This is the bonus of doing the kit each month! So happy that you joined in this month on the hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty :) You got the right idea about cutting out a bunch of items and having it on hand I totally agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice idea to colour the doilies - I forget to do that sometimes but it really lifts the whole layout and matches all the other embellishments so well! Nice to have you on the hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the layered embellishments and pretty elements on your page! So feminine and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page. The doileys and other embellishments do make it look girly! Great work on your first blog hop at CKC and we hope to include you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, great photos! Love the doilies, good idea! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous page I like the text on the photo and the butterflies. looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the sketch, especially how you angled the photos and added a fourth photo! Great layering! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful page, love the angle on the photos. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, love the text on the photos! So glad you joined us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved how you change the colors to your doily die cuts! Such a beautiful layout! I always feel that butterflies and doilies embellishments must go together! lol i love butterflies and doilies.. cute photos with text. Must really try those one day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! It's amazing how a few doilies and butterflies can change the tone of the paper! Love it. And I'll admit, I've completely ignored my Gelatos lately ... might be time to dust them off!! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete