Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bring On The Sun

Hey, everyone, just wanted to do a quick post here and hopefully get this in on time for the Sketches in Thyme Design Team Call!  Here's a pic of my full layout:


And here's the sketch I used from Sketches in Thyme:

As you can see, I've deviated somewhat from the original sketch with the placement of my elements, but I didn't want to cover up the subtle print of the Amy Tangerine background paper.  Here's a close-up of this cool feather I cut with my Cameo:
The plain kraft looked a bit dull, so I spritzed a bit of my new Black Marble Dylusions on there.  Do you like how I used some washi tape to attach it?

Here's a closie of the title, using Echo Park stickers and another piece cut with the Cameo.  See the black there?  That's some Faber Castell gelato smudged on there:
 Let's see, what else can I tell ya?  I used a Dylusions stencil and some new Squeezed Orange Dylusions mist to add a bit of panache to the background paper.  The green photo mat and blue border were cut with the Cameo, as was this sun journaling block:   
This page will go into Nolan's album, so I tried to keep it on the more masculine side, which is hard sometimes - I kept looking at all the 3D flowers in the Silhouette store, and had to continually remind myself to look for something that would fit a 10 year-old boy.  But man, those flowers are cute!  I'll definitely be using them in the future, haha!

And now for a quick update from the homefront.  Ailis came upstairs yesterday morning at 6 a.m. to inform us that the basement (including her room) was flooded.  Ooooooh, yeah, not pretty!  Thank goodness we're only renting and getting the heck outta Dodge in less than two weeks!  Meanwhile, my poor little girl's SMASH book is falling apart, along with some kids' books and photo frames.  Grrrrrr, like I don't have enough to deal with already!!!  So I almost gave up on trying to get this layout done for the DT call, what with mopping water up and airing out books and papers and doing laundry and moving every stick of furniture out of the flood zone... Good thing Brenna had a four hour nap this afternoon!  And with every down, there is an up - uh, there's probably a better way to say that, but I'm sure you get my gist.  My point is, I think it is safe to say that Brenna is potty-trained!  Yay, I can now hold my head high at Strong Start, knowing my three year-old is no longer in diapers!  

Well, I do hope you enjoyed my little rant there, and I do hope the Sketches In Thyme Mavens love my layout!  My dear hubby, in all his wisdom, suggested that I pack up my scrapbooking supplies today.  Yeah, no, I don't THINK so!  I am an addict, and scrapping is my fix - if I don't get at least a little hit now and then, nobody, and I mean NO BODY, is going to be very happy!  Wish me luck as I fight for the right to keep my sanity in the upcoming days!!!  

10 comments:

  1. Love it Roxy! You're talking my language ... Gelatos, Dylusions spray, Silhouette cuts!! :) I think you did a great job with the sketch. The team at Sketches in Thyme would be lucky to have you on their team! BTW, there's another staffer call over at Scrapbook News and Review if you want to throw your hat in that ring too! :) Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to say, congrats on the potty training! That brings a fantastic new freedom for all involved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne, loving alle the layers and detail on this! AGH! on the water! It often seems to be an issue here in some parts of town. :0( Sorry to hear that some memorabilia has gotten ruined. Drop a line and let me know where in town you are moving to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo awesome Roxy!! I love all the misting and different mixed media in there! It really sucks that your basement is flooded! I hope the next house you move into rocks! Good luck on the DT call! They'd be crazy not to pick you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.
    Good luck!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  6. You layout is fabulous Rox!!! I love how you always add so many other elements/textures... I need to get of the box more often!!! How awful getting all that water in your basement!!! We sometime get a bit on one side of ours if it's really wet but not on the side that matters. I can't believe you are on the move again!!! I don't know how you do it!! I would love a bigger house but then I think of all of the work fixing things up and packing ): HUGS!!!! to help you get through the next couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your participation in Sketches In Thyme, gorgeous LO! kisses

    ReplyDelete