Friday, February 1, 2013

Call Me...Maybe

Hey there, this is a layout I have had sitting on my desk, 90% finished, for quite a while and just finished late last night.  I had two challenges in mind when I started - needless to say I missed the deadline, gaaaah!  I guess work got in the way of my scrapping, haha!

One of the songs to use as a prompt over at Scrap It With A Song last month was that one by Carly Rae Jepson, "Call Me Maybe" (you know, the one that once you hear it, it plays over and over ad nauseum all freaking day!).  I was inspired to dig out this old photo of Ailis from 2007, talking on the phone with my mom in Dawson City.  Wow, wasn't she a doll?  I just love the little pigtails and dimples! 
So, let's see, I used my January Counterfeit Kit to complete this one.  The background paper is Amy Tangerine, and the doilies and some other bits are cut from Echo Park paper.  There's a piece of blue MME in there, and the calendar is from Simple Stories.  I used my Cameo to cut the title piece, phone, and banner, and the hearts are from Pink Paislee, cabochons from CTMH.

Here's a close up of the journaling block:
And another of the title (these pieces were actually plain cardstock that I inked either with Distress Ink or Dylusions spray):

Here's the other challenge I missed, a sketch from Sketches in Thyme:
I flipped it on its side and played around with it a bit.  I really like the abstract grid I ended up with!

So, happy Friday to you!  I finished my first four days of work without mishap (unless you count picking up the kids late and Nolan proclaiming that, "If I don't see a significant increase in the amount of money this family brings in, I'm canceling your job!"  Mind you, this was after a disastrous field trip where he got in a brawl at the pool with another kid and ended up sitting out for most of the swim, AND riding home beside the teacher on the bus.  His mood was very low!)  My mom came up to watch Brenna for Tuesday and Thursday, and that went well until she drove my car off the driveway yesterday.  This driveway is completely jinxed!  Jason and I managed to haul it out with his work truck and a heavy chain, so all is well, but man, I was a bit of a nervous wreck, because it felt all too familiar!  (See this post if you don't know what I'm talking about!)  

I'm pretty tired, though.  I hope I can get used to this.  I don't know how all the moms who work full-time do this!  How did my mom do it?!?!  She did EVERYTHING for us!  And worked shift work, too!  I guess you do what you have to do.  Anyway, I think once I get into a better routine, I'm really going to enjoy this job - the people are all great, from what I can tell!

Just want to say a quick thanks (to anyone still reading!) for all your lovely comments on my last post.  I truly appreciate all of the support!!!  Hugs from Roxy.



8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about your week at work.. you will get into a route and so will the kids and things will run smoothly.. Layout is great .. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne, I have no idea how moms work f/t either! Exhausting! Love the colours on this! Ack, the song? Was just in my head because of a commercial! I think it is called an audio worm when it goes round and round in your head!
    I have a new CTMH idea book, if your old like one! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had quite the week! Hang in there, everyone will get in sync and it will become easier (keepin' my fingers crossed for ya!)! Love this layout but sick of hearing that song! When we were still in Winnipeg it played all the time on the radio...then we came here and it was a "new release"!! Are you kidding me? Another year and a half of non-stop Carly....ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute layout! Love how you did the title! Hope next week is better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout of such a cute little girl :) I too love how you did the title!

    Great news about the job, I'm so glad that you are enjoying it and it has potential. Not so good about feeling so tired, although I am sure that you will get into a bit of a routine and everything will feel better and more organised soon.

    Eeeeeek about the deja vue car incident though :/

    Big hugs
    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Roxy! Such a cute picture!!
    Congrats on your first week - despite the hiccups!! It WILL get easier. You and your family are just going through an adjustment period but life will calm down eventually. Promise!!
    Sorry to hear about the car ... again! Maybe once all the snow clears your jinx will be removed!
    Take care. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete