Thursday, November 29, 2012

December '11 P12

So you may recall that last year (this year, too, but I've gotten waaaaay behind!) I was doing a Project 12 album.  I did really well, all the way up to December, then didn't complete a December layout.  What?!  I think part of the reason was the sketch:

It's a gorgeous sketch, but come on - three photos????  I'd been taking pictures every day of the month for my December Daily album, so it was impossible to narrow it down like that.  Eventually, I printed off 12 mini prints, and then let them sit for several months longer.  Finally, in order to get myself in the Christmas/December Daily spirit, I created this layout, and I love it!



Here's what I used - Kraft and black cardstock, Simple Stories patterned paper (25 Days of Christmas collection), SMASH tape, Ranger/Dylusions spray (Postbox Red) and stencil, and stars cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  Man, I love that Dylusions spray with a passion!!!  Can't wait to get more colours!  

So, yes, now I'm feeling pretty Christmas-y, and when you see my December Daily foundation pages for this year's album, you'll notice some similarities between it and this layout - lots of stars and mist and the same paper collection.  Fun, fun!  Thanks for looking, and hope to see you making your own December Daily album!


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely page of memories.. Well done..Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. It! Great idea to turn the 3 photos into photo collages - and I love the b/w addition!
    I should stop being surprised that our lives are running parallel but ... I was thinking (okay, despairing) about my P12 for this year. I think I only did up to May. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout Roxy! And so glad you are starting to feel festive too :) Delighted you doing the December Daily on FB with us, it should be so much fun! and it's only days away too, yikes!! better get my skates on, lol!
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the sketch!!! Love your double layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout Roxy, really loving all the stars, so Christmassy!!! Great idea to not limit yourself to three pics when you could have 12 instead!!!

    See you soon once we are all deep into December Journalling :)

    Big hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!! I think the number of pictures during the holidays are overwhelming!! I think that is why Christmas, birthdays, and Easter... are not my fav to scrap ):
    What do you use to print your smaller pics??? I used to have a program that did it but one of the updates got rid of it!! I asked Lee for a portable photo printer for Christmas and I'm pretty sure it prints smaller pics.

    ReplyDelete