Saturday, December 10, 2011

Layout #71 - Creative Accents December Challenge


Creative Accents Challenges has a new December challenge up, and it's one that everyone can play along with:
That's right, anything to do with Christmas, link it up and you could win a prize! And the prize is going to get bigger and better the more entries we get, so that's something to get excited about!!! Here is what I came up with for your inspiration:
I really love how this page turned out, but again, it's one I agonized over. I've had the photos forever, and they're in B&W, so that's easy. I found a great sketch over at 4x6 Photo Sketch Blog, so that was easy, too. The hard part was deciding which papers to use, and then journaling. Can you believe I've drawn a complete blank when it comes to the Christmas of 2009? All I remember is what I derived from the photos, it's terrible!!! I completely blame it on the pregnancy hormones!

Anyway, here's a close up of some of the stitching and snowflakes I used to embellish the page (why I chose snowflakes for indoor photos, I'll never know, but I love 'em just the same!):
And a close up of the journaling:

This is why I'm so glad to be doing the December Daily process. It's a little bit uncomfortable, but it's all worth it in the end to have those little tidbits documented.

Supplies: Bazzill and Coredinations cardstock, BoBunny patterned papers, Prima journaling card and jewels, Sizzix embossing folder, Creative Memories pen, Graphicat Designs snowflake stamp and snowflake embellishments, Ranger and Close to My Heart ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, American Crafts Thickers, Hampton Arts letter stamps


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Rox!! I think the snowflakes are perfect, they go with the theme of the paper (: I love how you embossed them.
    Isn't it horrible how the things we think we will remember forever are so easily forgotten??!! I don't have prego hormones to blame mine on but life gets so busy and there is just not enough room in our brilliant minds for everything (:
    I'm hoping to have a bit more time to play over the holidays so hopefully I'll create something so that I can play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it is lovely! And the snowflakes work!! As for not remembering ... isn't that why we have hundreds of digital pictures taking up space on our hard drives? So we don't HAVE to remember?! :)~
    Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete