Monday, August 15, 2011

Layout #39 - ARTastic and Sketchy Thursdays




Here's another LO that ended up having a mind of its own. When I saw the inspiration painting and criteria at ARTastic (paint or create your background, one ribbon, and a picture of a child playing) I thought, hey, I can do that no problem! I found these photos of Nolan and Ailis hiking at Marble Canyon a couple of weeks ago (this is as close as they get to playing together these days) that were a perfect match for this beautiful sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:
But then I was stumped! I had dreams of Holtzifying some cardstock with distress inks, stamps, and perfect pearls, and then I left for Williams Lake. (You may recall that Ailis was invited to a Barbie birthday tea party! It was soooooo cute, and she had a great time. I had such a fun time with the girls, but Saturday was such a looooooong day. First we went to the water park, then to Creative Accents, then Walmart, then to the in-laws, then finally to my parents for bed. Brenna stayed awake ALL DAY, poor thing!) Anyway, when I went into Creative Accents, I showed these photos to Julie to see if she could match them to anything, and she found this cool lime green Basic Grey pp which just seemed to make the photos pop. That paper inspired me to pull out my ol' lime green and white paint and do some dry brushing up there in the corner, and the rest came together pretty quickly. I must say, though, my favorite part is the title, and unfortunately you can't see it very well at all in the photo. It says, "outdoor recreation" and I wrote it with a pin dipped in paint. So, yeah, very different from what I'd first envisioned, (seriously, brown, orange, green and blue? Pretty far out!) but I think I kinda like it! What do you think?

Supplies: Close to My Heart cardstock and brads, Bazzill cardstock, Prima journaling cards, Basic Grey patterned paper, Creative Memories pens, DecoArt paint, unknown ribbon


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. There you go again, being brave and trying out new techniques - and I'm bet you are glad you did! This page is lovely!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paint effects. Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone...it works for ya! So glad you played along with us at Sketchy Thursdays this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the painting, especially the title! Very creative!! I love how you think outside the box. I never would have thought to paint the title that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I am loving how you added the paint! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxy great use of paint on your page, it really adds to the feel of the page. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab LO Roxy...just love your paint effects..brilliant! Great photos & colours...thanks for playing along with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Roxy ... this is just gorgeous... love the sketch used ... and the painted background... another great take from you...!!! Awesome..thank you so much for playing along with us over at ARTastic... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roxy!
    I love how your page turned out using that great sketch from 'Sketchy Thursdays', great use of paint and perfect pics. thanks for joining in at ARTastic this month :)
    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you used! Very creative, well done! Thank you for joining us over at ARTastic.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete