Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Layout #27 - Sketches in Thyme and Scrapbooker's Anonymous





You know why I love playing along with Scrapbooker's Anonymous? Whenever I do a project for their challenges, EVERYONE from the DT stops by my blog to leave a comment (well, maybe not everyone, I've never actually counted, but it's probably pretty close)! That makes a lady feel pretty nice, and appreciated! Their challenge this month is to use 6 or more patterned papers from a mini deck. Well, I honestly didn't think I'd be able to play along this month because I only have one mini deck (Basic Grey Sugared) and I used pretty much all of it on a couple of mini albums. Once I tracked down my scraps (and this opened up my eyes to just how much of a hoarder I am, because I had some pretty tiny scraps), I realized I had enough to join in, as long as I was a bit creative. I think at last count I had 11 different patterns on this page, and I even used EYELETS!!! I know, I didn't think I had any at all, but I found 'em and used 'em! (Now if I could only find my sewing machine!) Oh, I also got to break out my BRAND NEW Hero Arts background stamp I won from Creative Accents, just for commenting on their blog - thanks, ladies!

I also decided to use this sketch from Sketches in Thyme:

I really like it, I think it's very unique. Seems like I can only scrap using a sketch these days, but I'm cool with that!

I know the photos aren't the best quality, but I had to make a page about this, it was too cute! Ailis really worked up a sweat, running and doing a modified long jump, over and over and over. Brenna was there, too, watching, cheering, and learning how to stand (in her own safe area of the rec room)! And I got to scrap, so how much better could it be?

Supplies: CTMH White Daisy cardstock (for base), Blush and Garnet ink pads, and Hemp, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Hero Arts stamp, Hampton Arts tiny alpha stamps, Tim Holtz Grungeboard and Distress Inks (Fired Brick and Walnut Stain), Ranger Perfect Pearls (Heirloom Gold), Basic Grey patterned paper, Creative Memories pen, Sakura white gel pen, eyelets and buttons from my stash

18 comments:

  1. I love you page! You did a great job with your mini papers. And I love your photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love that you enjoy our challenges and play along. =) you really went deep into your stash to make this one happen.. great job on utilizing your scraps. what a fun title too.
    Thanks so much for digging into your stash and playing along with us at SA. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I especially love the heart and wings!
    I know what you mean about DTs leaving comments... I thought I was the only one having that problem. lol When I was on my DTs they told us to try to comment to a certain number of people each week... I would try to comment on more though. But after I got back into blogging I joined three or four challenges and not ONE person on the DTs stopped by to look at my layout and leave a comment. I went and checked and some of them had about 10 DT members and about 4 people playing along. No wonder if you ask me...
    Oh well... I didn't mean to go into all of that, but is sure isn't an encourager to join in again. lol
    I will have to check this challenge site out. I think I am following it already, will have to make sure. :)
    Oh, and please don't think I am whining or anything.. its just a lot different then what I was once used too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the sketch. Love the journaling tags and the wings.
    Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Thyme. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those wings Roxy!! Your title cracks me up, and totally reminds me of my oldest son. He always sings that song too! Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a lovely layout Roxy, and using some of my favourite papers too, yay! Love the heart and wings, really sweet.

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    p.s. the baby on my last blogged card is a Sizzix die cut, for the boy I made the outfit blue shorts and a white top, but left it as a onesie for the girl baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! and we love Ice Age at our house so we know the song (: Even if the pics aren't always the best it's the memory that counts!! I love how you used the grungeboard!! It looks fabulous. Thanks for hooking me up with the sketch too!!! I'm with you on using a sketch, I almost always use one, even if it's just a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Roxy!! I don't know which I like more - your heart and wings or the way you did your tags! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    Anne Pennington

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! Loving that design and love love love the heart/wings! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapbooker's Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Roxy... I love and enjoy looking at your layout!!! Its totally FUN... and Im so glad to see you again ... here.... Thanks so much for playing along with US over at Scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to dig into your stash! Great layout! The title is perfect and I love the heart with wings!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun layout and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super LO- love how much paper you used and I love the way your title flows across the page- thanks for playing with us at SA and thanks for the kind words

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love it! THanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really, really sweet! I love the wings with the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, the heart and wings are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the chipboard elements and how you used the tags for journaling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Roxy,so glad you enjoy playng along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. I love this LO,the heart and wings are gorgeous and the title is fab. Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete