Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Layout #22 for Sketches in Thyme





Well, if you were hoping for a place to rest your eyes, this layout is probably not for you! It is wild and crazy, which totally suits the mood of the subjects! I am submitting this one to a new sketch site I found through Sarah, and it's called Sketches in Thyme. For their Open Challenge, you can submit any layout created with any sketch, and mine is based on a sketch from Scrapbooks, etc. Magazine. (April 2011, P. 87) You would never know I based my page on this sketch! Their samples are clean and simple, and mine is... well, not!




I made this page for Nolan to remind him of a time when he and Ailis were the best of buds. I love Nolan to bits, but he is my "difficult" child. If you don't have one of these, you won't know what I'm going on about, but we seem to conflict every day over just about everything. This move has not been easy on him, he's not fitting in at school, (never has, but we kept our fingers crossed that this time, maybe he would find one kid who "gets" him - no luck so far!) and Ailis is finally getting fed up with him tripping her, pushing her around, screaming at her and calling her names. She is a very tolerant little girl, wise beyond her years, but she's distancing herself from him and no wonder. I'm not sure if they'll ever be close like they used to be, brings a little tear to my eye.




Well, that's enough of a sob story for today. Hope ya don't mind me unloading a bit! Enjoy the rest of your week, hugs to all, Roxy.




Supplies: Fancy Pants Designs patterned paper, My Mind's Eye stickers and patterned paper, Creative Memories pen and letter stickers, Close to My Heart patterned paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls (on tag), unknown buttons, monster cards, and baker's twine, tag from Nolan's pants

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!!!!! I wish I could be more spontaneous with my layouts (: I love how you have a little of this and a little of that!!
    It's hard to watch your kids go through rough patches!! I know!! My Aidan is a very strong character and sometimes has trouble because of it. Hopefully things will get easier for Nolan and he and Ailis can be buds again!!

    HUgs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! I love the paper and embellies you used, perfect for the pics!
    Thanks for the new challenge site! I will check it out!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Rox, this is gorgeous, I had a little chuckle (sorry) at the story behind this layout, I totally agree there is only so much a girl can take and "You Go Ailis" they will unite again I think in the future when she has set the boundaries, I love the papers and so busy and bright. Gorgeous work my friend. By the way I got the job, start 19th June, Nate goes to Kindy, I will have to suck in those tears, my little man is growing up. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Roxy, you are so brave with your choice of papers and embellishments! Love the story behind this page, I totally "get" it, both with the love/hate relationship that my two children have, and that my brother and I also had - right up until we didn't live with each other any more (I was 22!!!) I am sorry that Nolan is having a tough time at school though, that can't be easy for him, or you :(

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about your design fitting the mood of your pictures! LOVE it to pieces! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your wild and crazy layout, and so glad your friend told you about our challenge blog! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete