Sunday, March 13, 2011

Layout 13 - Pout


Once again, I think I'm going to make it in just under the wire for the Design Dollies colour challenge this week, which is monochromatic pink with a pop of yellow. I love pink, but I've never done full-on pink like this, so this is pushing the boundaries a bit. What do you think? I made most of the paper from white cardstock, ink, a brayer, and background stamps. The journaling card and tape measure are cut from an old CTMH paper pack called Notebook (love it!) and the yellow flower center is just some pompom trim rolled up and glued with liquid glass. Cool, eh? Not sure what Ailis was pouting about in these photos, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Nolan!
Thanks so much to all of you who commented on my last post, it really helps to know you're thinking of us and wishing us well. I'll try to make it to all your blogs tomorrow, but for now this geriatric computer is making me want to drop-kick it out into the snow! Hugs, Roxy.
Supplies (all CTMH): White Daisy cardstock, Intrinsic Backgrounds and Noted Backgrounds My Acrylix stamp sets, Hollyhock and Blush ink, Jingle and Notebook patterned paper packs, pink gems
Other: pompom trim from Michael's, Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Autumn Leaves stamp set, Colorbox ink, Prima pebble, unknown yellow ribbon, staples

12 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! I love all the background squares...I have to lift that idea :) I love scrapbooking the not so happy pics as well. They are so cute when they pout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pink Roxy! How brave of you to go for it in such a big way, and it works really well!

    Still thinking of you ...

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is beautiful! I love the fact that you created all the papers for your squares....great idea! I love the pops of yellow with this! I keep missing the Design Dollies challenges....got to get myself back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the pink! Love the stamping idea, looks very cool.

    Hope all is on track and you aren't too stressed at the moment.. (although moving house esp quickly isn't the funnest thing in the world to do!)

    thanks for playing with the dollies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun page and love all those cute touches of yellow!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the dollies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh love the combination of different patterns and textures, and LOVE that pout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Roxy, have to laugh re: why Aillis is pouting...I love this monochramatic layout and those older papers look great, pays to hang on to them hey. My computer does the very same thing, so frustrating, but I have just found that if I go straight in and delete my internet history and cookies, it clears up straight away, under the tools bar. Thanks for saying I can stay it is still on the cards, just so many bills - you know how there is one period in the year they all seem to come and bombard you, so no scrap shopping for a while. Love to you, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job on the Trifecta!!! Love how you used the squares.
    Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rox!!! I just read your last post, sorry it took me so long to comment, I just got back from Toronto last night.

    This layout is absolutely beautiful!! I love how you used the background stamp for the blocks, you will definitely have to consider this scraplifted!! You totally rocked the DD challenge (: Keep us updated on how things are going with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute, love those blocks! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I missed one of your posts, sorry for being a ninny, loved this layout so it was nice to see it again. Love Melx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catching up on your posts and I LOVE this! The pop of yellow really works against all the pink. Sometimes I feel like all my layouts are pink on pink on pink - 3 girls to scrap will do that to you!

    ReplyDelete