Saturday, June 12, 2010

TONS of Sewing! (Layout #38)



My kids are super lucky to have a cool young cousin, someone who loves to spend time with them and show them things when we come to visit. Here's a double-page spread chronicling the time Ailis spent with Michalla during a spring trip. I used a pattern from Imagine (a Close to My Heart pattern book, looooooove it!) called "Double Take", and I sewed with my machine anywhere I could! I really like the fresh colours of the Boom-di-Ada paper pack, and I used the coordinating stamp set to make the flower accents, popping up portions with some foam tape.

Supplies (all CTMH): patterned paper and cardstock from Boom-di-Ada Level 2 paper pack, Giggle Caps, The Works Alphabet, and Cottage Floral My Acrylix stamp sets, Exclusive Inks stamp pads in Olive and Hollyhock

Other: Creative Memories pen, date stamp
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout!! I love the attention to all the little details - and all the stitching!! I need to get my sewing machine out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it!!! I really like how you distressed the strips of vineyard berry and then sewed over them. Beautiful pics!!

    ReplyDelete